Sunday, November 4, 2007

#19 Web 2.0 awards

I've been playing around a little with this list. The fare watcher looked interesting, but not only doesn't deal with fares outside the USA, but doesn't deal with any of the biggest cities in the US. A work in progress. The city guides are all for the USA also, and the one I looked at seemed to be full of reviews put on by college students that listed where to get the cheapest beer (useful information for some I'm sure).

I tried the games site, since I'm somewhat of a computer games junkie, and looked around at Ning (who knew there was a network of gay nudists in Melbourne?)

I will go back to the start page applications, at first glance I quite like Netvibes, since it automatically came up with Australian news, one of the things that I have been thinking about since I started this class is to set up a home page for myself. I have had a My Yahoo page for quite some time, but I want to do something different. I will play with Netvibes a bit more I think.

I did a Google search for Web 2.0 awards and restricted the search to Australia thinking I might find some Australian sites, but no luck so far.

No comments: